As we are strongly heading into hibernation mode, a lot of us will play up with all black outfits. I do love all black myself! The color is like a true friend who you know will always be there for you, whether it’s a first date or an interview. It’s flattering, alluring, and timeless, regardless of your body shape or size. And, its confidence-boosting powers are pretty much limitless. After all, some of the most creative minds in fashion have been known to keep it monochrome.
Here are some of the rules I use for my all black outfits:
- I love to mix and match different materials, patterns and styles. As you can see on here I’m wearing sporty trousers and an oversized knit with satin kitten heels.
- Add some jewellery, like statement earrings, ring, pendant or a bracelet. I would not recommend to add all of them at once, but one or two would brighten up the look.
- Belt breaks up black outfit very well too. And it has been seen on the catwalks lately, Gucci, Altuzarra, Viviene Westwood just to mention a few. I think it’s time to get your belts out, if you haven’t done so yet.
- Show some skin to break up the monotony. Wear a crop top, high waisted trousers and a blazer. Perfect look for this autumn!
- Also, I tend to wear a bright lipstick with my all black outfits.
Sunglasses, Spitfire, £29 (buy here); Handbag, Coach, £475 (similar here); Teddy Bear Charm, Burberry, £105 (similar here); Jumper, Zara, old; Shoes, Office, £65 (buy here); Trousers, Urban Outfitters, £36 (buy here).